You’re wanting to flash that beautiful Hollywood smile, but you’ve got one problem: Your teeth. Perhaps they’re discolored, misshapen, or don’t align quite the way you want them to. Not only can discolored teeth cause social embarrassment and awkwardness, but they can also hold you back from career opportunities. Maybe you’ve tried everything — special whitening toothpastes, bleach trays, and visits to the dentist. Yet, nothing seems to help. Is there any hope for a situation like yours?
Dr. Alexie Aguil of Exquisite Dental, Los Angeles’ leading dental spa, has treated hundreds of patients in this exact circumstance. His recommendation for you may be porcelain veneers for your teeth.
Why Dental Veneers?
When teeth are discolored, most patients try at-home remedies like bleaching kits and whitening toothpastes. The problem with these treatments is that they only lighten teeth a shade or two…if at all. The effects are also only temporary, meaning that you’ll be locked into an endless cycle of “whitening” your teeth. Over time, this type of treatment can end up making your teeth extremely sensitive, which only compounds your problems.
Veneers for teeth are the better way to take care of a smile that’s not all it could be. That’s because veneers can help in several different situations, including:
- Teeth that have been extensively discolored. This can happen from an excess of fluoride, tobacco use, or long-term use of certain prescription medications.
- Teeth with small cracks or chips, when a dental crown is not necessary.
- Teeth with worn enamel.
- Teeth that have small spaces in between them.
Veneers for teeth are more than simply a whitening treatment. They’re a simple and effective way to restore the natural beauty of smiles.
What Are Dental Veneers?
A dental veneer is a layer of porcelain that sits over the top of the teeth. This thin shell “re-skins” the teeth and makes them look as good as new. The porcelain coating will hide any imperfections in the teeth, like chips, and discoloration.
Although other dentists may offer veneers for teeth made from other materials, porcelain veneers are superior for their long-term durability and resistance to staining. Don’t settle for anything less!
What’s The Process To Get Dental Veneers?
Custom porcelain veneers for teeth requires a three-step process that will be spread out over three unique visits.
- Your initial visit: At this appointment, Dr. Aguil will do an oral exam to ensure that veneers are the right treatment option for you. After answering any questions you have, he’ll take digital scans of your teeth advanced technology. You’ll even be able to see a model of what your teeth will look like after treatment is complete!
- Your second visit: You’ll receive gentle sedation to help make you comfortable. Then, a small portion of your teeth will be buffed off. Temporary veneers will be created and applied to your teeth so that we can get the fit just right. We’ll send the exact specs to a lab so that the porcelain veneers can be created.
- Your final visit: Dr. Aguil will take the finished veneers for your teeth and gently put them in place. Once you’ve seen that the fit and coloring are perfect, the porcelain veneers will be permanently bonded to your teeth.
How Effective Are Veneers For Teeth?
As soon as you’re done with your third and final visit, you’ll see a noticeable and dramatic difference in your smile. The effect will be absolutely stunning
Caring for Your Veneers
- Your tooth brushing routine will not need to change once you get your veneers. Continue to brush twice a day for two minutes a turn. Also, make sure you floss once a day as well.
- You may find that your teeth become slightly more sensitive to hot and cold liquids, but this sensitivity should fade over time. Until then, consider using a toothpaste especially crafted for sensitive teeth.
- Your veneers will last a long time, but may need to be replaced anywhere from 5 to 15 years after the procedure.
- Although your porcelain veneers are created specifically to resist staining, they aren’t impervious to stains. Avoiding tobacco products, coffee, and red wine will extend the time your veneers stay in perfect condition. If you were taking medication that stained your teeth before you got your veneers, talk to your physician about the possibility of switching medications
The Best Place For Veneers: Exquisite Dentistry
If you live in the greater Los Angeles area, you won’t want to leave your veneers for teeth to just any dentist. You’ll want to make an appointment with West Hollywood’s premier cosmetic dentist, Dr. Alexie Aguil at Exquisite Dentistry.
Top-notch expertise and a relaxing environment make his practice unique. This is the office that inspired the modern dental spa!
When you enter the office, you’ll smell the calming scent of essential oils. When it’s time to get your veneers, you’ll sit in a comfortable chair with a warm blanket. You’ll even have the chance to enjoy relaxing music or your favorite Netflix show through noise-canceling headphones during your treatment.
Contact us at (323) 272-2388 to see how we can help transform your smile with the help of safe and effective porcelain veneers.