Dental veneers are an outstanding investment in your smile. They last many years with exceptional care. Just like natural teeth, they will show signs of wear over time. Then it’s time to consult a cosmetic dentist on veneer replacement.
Extending the Life of Your Veneers
Because they are a cosmetic procedure that health insurance companies don’t generally cover, dental veneers are usually a sizable investment for the patients who get them. So individuals who choose veneers should understand the following:
- Veneers are not permanent, even those made with the highest-quality materials
- Veneers can be broken, damaged, or stained, just like regular teeth
- Patients that are vigilant about brushing, flossing and seeing their dentist for regular checkups and cleanings have the best results
People who stay vigilant about their oral care will prolong the life-span of their veneers. That could mean a few extra years before they need veneer replacement. Being dedicated to maintaining your veneers, your smile, and your oral health only takes a little extra effort.
Ways to Extend the Life of Your Veneers
- Avoid using tobacco products and eating or drinking things that can stain teeth (pasta sauce, wine, coffee, dark soda, etc.)
- Use a soft-bristled toothbrush and ask your dentist about a non-abrasive toothpaste that you can start using every day
- Start wearing a mouthguard when playing sports (for protection) and wear a night guard when you sleep
Can you be perfect for the life of your veneers? That’s a tall order. You’ll likely get a soda at lunch here and there or jump into a game of basketball without your mouthguard at some point. However, keeping the investment value of your veneers in mind is usually enough motivation to keep them in the best shape possible.
The day will eventually come when your veneers need replacement. And at that point, you’ll need to talk to your dentist about the veneer replacement process.
Replacing Veneers: What to Expect
Getting a new set of veneers fitted is very much like getting your first veneers. Your dentist will remove the old veneers and buff the outer layer of the tooth.
With the old veneers removed, your dentist will take a new mold of your teeth and order the new veneers based on that mold to match your other teeth as closely as possible. This is the perfect time to change the design or shade of your smile if you want. Once the veneers have been created and shipped back to the dentist, they will attach the veneers to the teeth, just like the original procedure to get the veneers positioned for the perfect smile.
Call Exquisite Dentistry
When it comes to veneers, you’ll be able to call Exquisite Dentistry and have Dr. Alexie Aguil guide you through the entire experience. Exquisite Dentistry is a top-of-the-line dental spa, and the premiere cosmetic dentistry office in Los Angeles. You can rest assured that you’ll have the highest-quality porcelain veneers for veneer replacement, and your time will be rewarded with the smile you’ve always dreamed of having!
Contact us today to get started. Call (323) 272-2388 to schedule your appointment.