Dental veneers have become a popular way for people in Los Angeles to significantly improve their smile. Veneers are thin structures of porcelain that can be bonded to your teeth to give them a naturally-bright white look, as well as to improve their shape and spacing.
If you’re looking for a bright Hollywood smile, you need to visit Dr. Alexie Aguil and his team at Exquisite Dentistry. He has the experience and skills you’re looking for when considering dental veneers. He’s worked with hundreds of patients, and their beautifully restored smiles speak for themselves!
Choosing Veneer Shapes: The Background of Veneers
So, what are dental veneers? They’re thin, yet durable pieces of FDA-approved, medical-grade materials bonded directly to the teeth. Veneers are able to cover a host of different issues that cause smiles to lose their radiance:
- Cosmetic issues: Veneers have become a go-to cosmetic dentistry treatment because of how easily they are able to cover minor cosmetic issues. Although some people choose our Zoom! Advanced Teeth Whitening system, we’ve found that many of our patients love how veneers easily bring the shine back to their smile.
- Structural issues: Not only can veneers help make teeth whiter and brighter, but they can also help solve a multitude of structural issues. Teeth that are chipped, cracked, or that have gaps between them can see remarkable results with porcelain veneers.
How do you know if veneers are the best option for your teeth? Schedule a consultation with Exquisite Dentistry, and Dr. Aguil will work with you to choose the best options for your treatment.
Choosing Veneer Shapes: Your Treatment Plan
Most patients are surprised at how simple the process of receiving dental veneers can be. How simple? In as little as three visits, your smile will be transformed:
- Visit #1: During your initial consultation, Dr. Aguil will make a digital impression of your bite using our advanced technology. From the 3D images created, he’ll be able to easily show you the best treatment options for your unique situation.
In between the first and second visits, Dr. Aguil will begin to work with one of the best dental laboratories on the West Coast. Using his expertise and guidance, they’ll work together to begin crafting your veneers.
- Visit #2: To begin, Dr. Aguil will buff off a small layer of each tooth, giving the veneer a secure surface for bonding. Then, he’ll carefully affix a temporary veneer to your tooth, which will last until your next appointment.
During this time, you’ll evaluate the veneer shape and color. Once you’ve settled on the perfect veneer style and fit, your permanent veneers will be readied.
- Visit #3: Your temporary veneers will be removed and your permanent veneers will be bonded to your teeth. You’re all set, and your veneers will last many years with proper care.
As you can see, the process couldn’t be any simpler. However, you may wonder at what point in the process you will choose the shape and style of your veneer.
Restore Your Smile’s Brilliance
With your smile the best it’s ever looked, your confidence will be at an all-time high
Call to schedule your cosmetic dentist appointment
and experience true luxury.
Choosing Veneer Shapes: Finding the Perfect Fit
During your first appointment, you’ll select both the shape and color of your veneers. As you begin the process, it’s important to remember that there is no one-size-fits-all answer. You want to select a style that makes you happy.
Perhaps the most important part of the process for choosing your veneers deals with their shape. You’ll find that there are many different veneer shapes, which may be considered part of a few different categories.
Dental Veneer Shape Types:
- Aggressive: A generally square-shaped style.
- Dominant: Similar to Aggressive, yet with differing incisors.
- Enhanced: A more rounded look, which is often a sought-after style for models.
- Functional: Similar to Enhanced. With Functional style, you’ll find the canines are more pointed, making them more functional for eating.
- Hollywood: The name says it all! One of the most highly-prized styles as these veneers give the classic smile so prized in movies and television.
- Mature: An offshoot of Aggressive, but with more pointed canine teeth.
- Natural: A veneer style that is similar to Enhanced, but with much more sharply-shaped canines.
- Oval: All of the canine and incisors take on a more rounded look.
- Softened: An even more rounded look than Oval.
- Vigorous: Aggressive-styled teeth with canines that protrude further than average.
- Youthful: This style is a blend of the Vigorous and Oval styles.
Dr. Aguil is a leader in his field, he will be able to show you several of these styles and guide you to decide the best shape for your veneers. Using his advanced software, he can even give you a glimpse of what you would look like with each style of veneer. In the end, you’ll be able to choose your veneer style in total confidence. No guessing games or mystery involved!
Choosing Veneer Styles at Exquisite Dentistry
Choosing the right veneer isn’t simply about the right style. It’s also about choosing the right dentist who can give you the best results. Dr. Aguil combines technical skill along with an artist’s eye to create vibrant looking veneers.
If you live in the greater Los Angeles area, contact the team at Exquisite Dentistry. Our dental spa approach to oral care means that you’ll receive your care in a calm, comforting environment.
Contact us today so we can help you find the veneer style that’s perfect for you.