Dental veneers and Invisalign are two of the most effective treatments for getting your ideal smile. Veneers are sections of porcelain bonded to the teeth to enhance their color and shape. Invisalign treatment is a series of removable clear aligners that shift teeth into place much quicker than braces.
Both treatments are viable for enhancing the shape and spacing of your teeth.
When a patient comes to us with concerns about the shape of their teeth, we take their apprehension extremely seriously. Teeth that are misaligned, misshapen, or that have gaps between them are troublesome for a couple of different reasons:
- Cosmetic concerns: When teeth are not positioned appropriately in the mouth, it detracts from your smile and your confidence. Whether you’re trying to earn a promotion, stand out during your next casting call, or simply dazzle while you’re out on the town, the importance of a great smile can’t be overstated.
- Oral health concerns: The shape of your teeth plays an important part in your oral health. Teeth that are misshapen, pitted, or with gaps between them can be difficult to brush effectively. Over time, this can cause a host of issues like gingivitis, cavities, or even infection.
If you are looking to shape your teeth, Dr. Alexie Aguil often recommends one of two treatment options: veneers or Invisalign. We’re often asked about the benefits of veneers vs. Invisalign when dealing with misshapen teeth. Both are excellent options, and each has its pros and cons, depending on your situation.
What Are Veneers?
To understand the benefits of veneers vs. Invisalign, it’s helpful to know a bit more about each of them. Porcelain veneers have become an extremely popular way to dramatically change the look of teeth very quickly. In as few as three visits, a dentist can have veneers crafted and permanently bonded to your teeth. These porcelain caps can last 10 years or longer, giving your smile a new lease on life. Consider these key points for the best results:
- Choose a dentist who uses high-quality materials. Like most things in life, you get what you pay for. You can typically spot low-grade veneers by their opaque plastic look. Dr. Aguil uses only the highest-quality medical-grade porcelain for his veneers. Additionally, he works closely with one of the most well-regarded dental labs on the West Coast as they craft your veneers, ensuring they will provide a perfect fit and the best smile you’ve ever had.
- Choose a dentist who uses state-of-the-art equipment. Measuring teeth for the best fit takes the most advanced technology. At Exquisite, our diagnostic tools will guarantee your veneers fit naturally over your existing teeth.
What Is Invisalign?
For those curious about the differences between veneers vs. Invisalign, a look at Invisalign is also in order. These clear plastic aligners have exploded in popularity over the past ten years or so. They fit snugly over teeth and gently shift them to their appropriate positions over time. They’ve become the best alternative to traditional metal braces for several reasons:
- Ease of use: Metal braces come with a host of eating restrictions. If you eat the wrong types of foods, you can pop a bracket or wire, requiring an unplanned trip to the dentist’s office. Because Invisalign trays can be taken in and out, you’ll never have to worry about mealtime restrictions again.
- Comfort: Traditional braces often cause discomfort when they’re tightened or when brackets rub against the cheek. Invisalign trays are smooth and fit right over the teeth, so there’s little pain involved during the entire treatment period.
- Appearance: Most people don’t like how traditional braces fill their mouths with metal and wire, so the idea of a tooth-straightening system that is virtually invisible is very appealing.
Veneers vs. Invisalign: Which Is Superior?
It’s easy to see why both veneers and Invisalign are attractive choices for many who want to shape their teeth. Dr. Aguil offers both options at Exquisite Dental, and he has patients who have been extremely satisfied with both.
However, the question remains, “Which is superior when considering veneers vs. Invisalign?” The answer to that question isn’t as simple as you think. Would you be able to answer the question, “Which is better, a hammer or a saw?” Of course not! They’re both tools that are appropriate for certain applications. The need dictates which tool is used.
The same is true when considering veneers vs. Invisalign. Both are tools that are perfect in certain situations. Each option has its strengths and weaknesses. Veneers are a great option when reshaping chipped, cracked, or discolored teeth. Invisalign is a perfect choice when you have teeth with great shape and color that only need to be shifted to their correct position.
The best way to know which option is better for your unique situation is to schedule an appointment with Exquisite so that Dr. Aguil can give you a consultation. After a thorough cleaning and exam, he’ll go over your choices and give you a recommended course of treatment. During your consultation, Dr Aguil will create a digital map of your teeth using the iTero 5D scanner. Within minutes, he will show you the best position for your teeth and discover any other issues that may need to be addressed.
Choose Exquisite Dentistry to Shape Your Teeth
Before you decide between veneers vs. Invisalign, you need to make sure you select the dentist who will give you the best results.
If you live in the Los Angeles area, start with Exquisite Dentistry. Our compassionate staff will give you the very best of care. You’ll also feel at peace in our spa-like atmosphere. We’ve carefully crafted our office to help melt your stress away as soon as you walk through the door. How many dentists can say that? Our holistic approach to dentistry has made us loved by our patients for years.
Give us a call today at (323) 272-2388 so we can set up your initial consultation.