Adults have 32 teeth, but all it takes is one misshapen, damaged, or discolored tooth for a person to lose confidence in their smile. Dental veneers are a common way to improve the shape of teeth, fix chips or cracks, and give teeth a radiant natural color.
If there’s only one tooth troubling you, then you can have a dental veneer for one tooth. Cosmetic dentists generally reserve treatment with a single veneer to repair damage. For a cosmetic dental treatment, the recommended number is 8-12 veneers per arch. Treating at least 16 teeth helps to match the color tone and shape of every tooth in your smile. It also helps ensure that your bite alignment is the best it can be for comfortable chewing.
Dr. Alexie Aguil has been helping his patients for years by providing the highest-quality, best-fitting dental veneers. In three simple visits, you’ll have a well-crafted veneer on one tooth that will last for many years to come.
Why Choose a Veneer for One Tooth?
Dental veneers are proven to be a fantastic way to improve a tooth, both structurally and cosmetically. Although veneers are often applied to all 32 teeth in certain cases, it’s possible to simply have a veneer on one tooth. There are several reasons to get a single veneer.
- You’ve cracked or chipped your tooth. For the sake of your oral health, you’ll want to repair broken teeth immediately, as fissures in a tooth can cause infection and worsen over time.
- Your tooth has become discolored and doesn’t match the shade of your other teeth. This can happen from prior dental work, injury, or other damage to the tooth.
- You currently have veneers, and one has broken long before its time.
What’s the Process to Receive a Veneer for Just One Tooth?
Having a veneer placed on one tooth may sound like a complicated process, but it’s fairly simple. From start to finish, your tooth will be transformed in three visits.
- Initial Visit and Consultation: During this first visit, Dr. Aguil will check your problematic tooth, as well as your overall oral health. Then, you’ll get a 360-degree image of your mouth. Because Exquisite Dentistry uses the most advanced technology, you’re ensured that your veneer will fit beautifully.
- Your Second visit: While your porcelain veneer is being created by the leading dental laboratory on the West Coast, Dr. Aguil will place a temporary veneer in its place. This short-term veneer for one tooth allows you to get a better sense of how the final veneer will feel, and it also allows you to offer feedback before the final veneer is put in place.
- Your Final Visit: Here is where the completed veneer will be placed over your tooth. After checking the fit and color to make sure everything is as it should be, the veneer will be permanently placed on your tooth.
Who Would You Choose for a Veneer for Just One Tooth?
It’s unfortunate, but you can spot a cheap veneer from a mile away. They often have a fake, plastic look that appears completely unnatural. By replacing your chipped or stained tooth with a sub-par single tooth-veneer, you’ll simply be trading one problem for another.
Veneers can be a wonderful solution for enhancing your smile, but you must be extremely careful of where you get your veneers from. You’ll want a dentist who is an experienced professional. Your dentist needs to have the dedication, education, experience, and materials necessary for such an important task.
Dr. Aguil and the team at Exquisite Dentistry have been transforming smiles in the West Hollywood and greater Los Angeles area for years. Because he uses only the most advanced equipment and the highest grade materials, you can be sure that you’ll receive a natural-looking veneer that will be among the best anywhere. No shortcuts —you deserve the best!
Why You Might Want More than a Veneer for One Tooth
Dr. Aguil recommends a set of veneers for at least 8 teeth per arch to provide you the best results possible. While less expensive, a veneer for a single tooth may not match perfectly with the rest of your smile. This is the case both for both the color and shape.
Getting comprehensive treatment with 16 or more dental veneers gives you the chance for a brilliantly white smile, and teeth with just the right spacing. You’ll also have a chance to optimize your bite for proper alignment which provides for better oral health.
Choose Exquisite Dentistry for Your Veneers
When you choose Exquisite Dentistry, you’ll also enjoy our unique dental spa environment.
Does the thought of a traditional dentist make you nervous? Have you put off your dental work because you don’t want to have to deal with the bright light, loud sounds, and the harsh drilling? If so, you’ll especially appreciate the dental spa treatment you’ll get at Exquisite Dentistry.
As soon as you enter the lobby, you’ll notice the difference. Whether it’s the soft lighting, the scent of essential oils diffusing in the air, or the warm welcome you’ll receive from our compassionate staff, you’ll immediately feel at ease. When it’s time for your appointment, you’ll settle into a large, comfortable chair with a warm blanket. Watch your favorite Netflix show while you wear Bose noise-canceling headphones if you’d like. Whether you’re looking for a veneer for one tooth or an entire set, you can expect a truly exquisite experience.
Contact us today online or call (323) 272-2388, and we’ll be happy to answer your questions or set up your consultation for your veneer.